Social Media is big in Asia. If you don’t buy that, then this piece will certainly make you understand why. A recent infographic released by Burson-Marsteller on the Social Media trends in the Asia-Pacific region revealed a lot of insights. The report concluded that the Asia-Pacific region is one of the fastest growing digital landscapes in the world and the online as well as mobile penetration has facilitated this rapid growth. Without further delay, I will put you across to various finding from the report.
Internet Growth in Asia:
- 58% of Asia’s population consists of an active internet audience.
- The number of people online in Asia are 1,870,532,000 which is even more than the population in many countries outside Asia.
- Vietnam witnessed a internet population growth rate of 12,035% of the last one year.
- China, India, Indonesia & Philippines are the top countries that grew at a healthy rate of more than 1300% compared to last year.
- The volume of growth is also the highest in the countries with more than 1000% growth.
- China, India, Indonesia & Philippines are countries with the maximum population but with lowest penetration of mobile &internet usage. This exhibits the amount of growth opportunities involved against the already saturated markets in the western countries.
Top Social Networks in Asia:
- Facebook is not the highest used social network in Asia with over 1,80,508,020 registered users.
- Qzone is the top social network in Asia, I could say only China, with more than 531 million registered users.
- Social Networking & Video sharing are the top two social activities found in most countries in Asia.
India’s Online & Social Scenario:
- Only 8.2% Indians consist of the online population of India. That is also a good number of 100 million people in India.
- Facebook is the top social network with 15000 million page views and an audience of over 34 millions registered users.
- Youtube, Yahoo &Orkut are the other top social sites that garner hits after Facebook.
- The reach of mainstream media is very less compared to the reach sourced by social sites.
Analysis Trend of Asia Pacific Trends:
- Besides China, Facebook is the top social network in most of the countries.
- Yahoo & Youtube are the other top websites that generate a lot of traffic.
- The internet growth is huge in many parts of Asia and is facilitated by social networks largely.
- Countries with the largest amount of population are the least in terms of Internet penetration.
Consumers are spending more time creating, consuming and sharing information and we are already witnessing a shift in magnitude in how companies need to plan and manage communications for the future. It’s a safe bet that Social is the way to go. Do let us know in the comments section on what do think will be the future of Social in Asia.
April 22, 2013, 5:55 am UTC
April 4, 2013, 5:21 am UTC
March 29, 2013, 4:57 am UTC
March 15, 2013, 7:02 am UTC